Staff Accountant- Financial Reporting
This position is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate preparation of the company’s financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Prepares accurate schedules of activity for monthly and annual reporting.
- Prepares monthly financial report preparation as requested.
- Directs the Business Administrator in the production of the Finance Team’s monthly financial package.
- Works cooperatively across the Finance team to perform research and answer questions.
- Updates process and procedures narratives.
- Supports internal and external audits by providing documentation as requested on a timely basis.
- Gathers Statement on Controls reports for key vendors and provides support to Senior Accountant and Director, Financial Reporting.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual financial statements and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Provides effective support and analysis as required during the preliminary and annual audits of the financial statements.
- Responsible for accounting of trust, foundation and endowment accounts, record keeping, analysis, footnote disclosures.
- Prepares supporting schedules and analysis to assist the Director, Financial Reporting in the preparation of the Assistance Financials.
- Provides analytical support to Business Continuity Plan team.
- Reconciles bank accounts and appropriately resolves discrepancies between the general ledger and bank statements.
- Updates the on-line commercial banking platform in accordance with established controls.
- Prepares reconciliation and analysis of assigned accounts.
- Prepares and inputs assigned monthly journal entries.
Cash Management & Operations
Prepares daily forecasts of cash requirements needed to ensure that cash is available for benefits to be paid so that informed investment decisions can be made by the Investments Team.