SUMMARY OF JOB
The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Financial Reporting. The role of Senior Accountant requires knowledge of the general ledger and preparation of the financial statements of the various entities. In addition, the role will work with the Director of Financial Reporting to complete analysis and provide information for the annual independent audits of the various health system entities that are required or requested.
Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, account analysis, and fixed asset accounting for all health system companies as assigned.
System Wide Responsibilities:
· The monthly preparation of the financial statements for all Health System entities as assigned in accordance with Finance Month-End Closing Schedule.
· Responsible for the preparation of monthly journal entries for financial statements, supporting schedules, and account analysis. Account analysis should be completed for all balance sheet accounts at least quarterly.
· Completes Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis. Forwards a copy of the reconciliations to the Treasury Manager.
· Responsible for reconciling detailed accounts receivable reports with GL and financial statements.
· Prepares monthly financial indicators and various statistics.
· Prepares monthly accruals and maintains an analysis of all expense and revenue accrual balances at month-end.
· Reconciles all inter-company transactions.
· Analyzes all major variances from budget and prior year to ensure accuracy.
· Assists Accounts Payable Office with processing during statement down time.
· Assist Director of Financial Reporting and Corporate Compliance Officer in annual audit with Independent auditors.
· Prepares requested schedules for auditors.
· Assists in the annual budget process.
· Assists in the annual Medicare cost reporting.
· Records self-insurance liabilities for workers compensation, professional liability, and hospitalization.
· Completes unit/department specific job competencies and completion of all mandatory’s as required by the organization.
· Fixed asset accounting for the Health System which includes entering assets into people soft while adhering to HRHS capitalization policy and following AHA guidelines.
· Prepares PP&E documentation for the annual audit including fixed asset and depreciation GL accounts roll-forward.
The successful candidate will be a Bachelor Degreed Accountant and a Certified Public Accountant preferred but not required, or MBA preferred but not required. A minimum of five years of experience in Accounting with at least two years experience in healthcare finance. This position will require a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and consolidated financial statements. Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger and Accounts Payable systems a plus but not required.
The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communications skills. This position requires ongoing communications with other members of Senior Management on a routine basis.
Knowledge of operating and capital budget development and forecasting at the corporate level is required.
The individual in this position will be required to perform their job in a manner that is consistent with the mission and values of the Health System, to ensure the values of respect, compassion, justice, hospitality, holistic approach, stewardship, and collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and in the services that we provide.