The Senior Auditor will perform the activities involved in identifying, examining, testing and making recommendations concerning the internal controls, policies and procedures of the Company and its subsidiaries. This includes, but is not limited to end-to-end process reviews, internal control reviews, special projects, and system development reviews.
- Plan, coordinate, and create the documentation of the internal controls of the Company and its subsidiaries by utilizing flowcharts and/or narratives.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform the testing of established controls.
- Utilize data analytics during the planning and execution of planned audits to help achieve more comprehensive coverage of risk mitigation.
- Make recommendations based on the review and testing of internal controls.
- Communicate the adequacy of established controls and recommendations for control enhancements to management via reports, memos, and presentations.
- Assist in the follow-up of the status of recommendations made in previous audit reports.
- Utilize audit and computer software to complete assignments.
- Maintain proficiency in current audit/investigative standards and procedures and keep abreast of technology trends.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and complete all engagements within the allotted time budget.
- Provide guidance to staff auditors and less experienced peers.
- Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- More than three years financial or integrated audit experience in a public accounting or corporate internal audit setting
- Knowledge of auditing accounting systems, flowcharting and statistical sampling techniques
- Master’s in Accounting or CPA or CIA certification preferred
- Previous experience with data analytics and data visualizations
- Previous experience with SQL, Tableau or other audit analytic software preferred
- Previous experience leading or performing audits independently