The Senior Financial Analyst will play an important role in the Financial Planning & Analysis department. This position will be responsible for developing financial analysis and financial reporting which will support the partnership, practice groups, and other administrative teams. The role will also be involved in the Firm’s regular budgeting/forecasting production and analysis efforts. Relying on strong analysis ability and technical skills, this candidate must have a passion for data analysis and the savvy to distill this analysis into cohesive messaging to help drive business decisions. The candidate must have sufficient experience in order to add credibility to their recommendations given to management. The candidate must be able to work independently and work with various systems and organizational infrastructure. This Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and a more junior Financial Analyst.
· Identify trends, develop conclusions, and make recommendations to leadership throughout the Firm related to profit improvement.
· Preparation and analysis of the overall Firm’s budgeting and forecasting efforts.
· Perform financial modeling and analysis while fully understanding firm and industry metrics.
· Provide analytical support to practice group leadership and marketing to further key industry & geography initiatives.
· Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc financial/operational analysis reports routinely and in a timely manner.
· Data gathering, research, and analytical abilities, along with managing workflows for tasks, queries, and issues.
· Work closely with practice group administrators to develop reports and produce clear presentations in an effort to assist with management of the practice group.
· Quickly handle sensitive ad-hoc requests by providing the requester the appropriate information.
· Utilize external data to benchmark firm performance and opportunities.
· Perform any and all other duties as necessary for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
· 3+ years of related experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or another degree emphasizing data analysis preferred.
· Experience in an Analyst role strongly preferred.
· Expert in Excel and comfortable in PowerPoint.
· Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, and budgeting/forecasting.
· Experience working with large datasets in Microsoft Excel, SQL, SSRS, Tableau, R or other BI data visualization tools.
· Experience with relational databases and OLAP cubes.
· Experience querying and validating data.
· Experience with financial modeling and basic statistics.
· Experience with Aderant is a plus.
· Highly responsive with a strong sense of time management and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines efficiently and effectively.
· Self-motivation and flexibility; ability to navigate roadblocks and deal with the unplanned and unexpected to find alternative ways to get things done.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation; ability to work well with others at all levels.
· Must be analytical, inquisitive, and want to make a contribution to the department and Firm.
· Strong attention to detail is a must.
· Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders.