Senior Internal Audit IT
We need someone who is a critical thinker with the ability to analyze data and communicate results across all levels of the organization both verbally and written. Your primary role will be supporting the Internal Audit Department in the completion of the annual SOX Program as well as other compliance and operational reviews, as requested by Senior Management. The following attributes will be valued in this role: organization, accuracy, consistency and attention to detail. In addition, we are looking for someone who is technically competent in audit work, proactive in finding solutions, and is committed to achieving goals as a team.
The Internal Audit (IA) Senior will report to the IA Manager within the Internal Audit department and be responsible for evaluating the overall control environment and internal controls over financial reporting. Key tasks include identifying and defining controls in a recently formed, public Company, developing and performing various audit and control test procedures, and reporting results to Management.
Key responsibilities include:
· Execute the SOX program including the performance of walkthroughs, rationalization of controls, and control testing as related to IT general controls
· Identify control gaps, articulating deficiencies in writing, communicating to control owners, and monitoring remediation/retesting
· Partner with business partners to understand a complex IT environment across a variety of systems; facilitate the control/process owner certifications
· Manage internal SOX software requirements
· Contribute to other internal department initiatives, such as training and development, developing and completing operational audits, and other internal reviews, as requested
· Assist in the planning of the annual SOX program and development of the annual test plan
· Perform risk assessments
· Assist in preparing schedules or reports for executive management
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or information systems and CISA, CIA and/or CPA preferred.
· Minimum 3-5+ years of experience within a Corporation’s Internal Audit function or public accounting (external audit) experience.
· Data analytics skills & experience a plus.
· Strong attention to detail. Able to work through an array of information and pinpoint underlying root issues.
· Ability to multitask; work on several projects at the same time; remain flexible against changing priorities
· Capable of understanding and developing alternative solutions for issues in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to manage up and manage down for completion of tasks/projects.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionality. Experience with analytical tools such as ACL a plus.
· Familiarity with NetSuite, Salesforce, AWS, Oracle and Blackline a plus.
· Minimum to no travel required