Senior IT Auditor
In meeting this objective, the Senior Auditor will conduct audits at headquarters and business units with an emphasis on information systems as they relate to the company’s financial systems and processes, systems development and implementations, business operations, information security, segregation of duties, and IT operations. The Senior Auditor assists with planning, conducts fieldwork, performs follow-up to fieldwork, and assists with report preparation.
This position requires the ability to travel up to 25% with some international travel.
Essential Function responsibilities:
- With the oversight of the IS Audit Director and IS Audit Managers, develops audit plans to be executed during fieldwork; reviews audit plans with Staff Auditors, as applicable, prior to fieldwork.
- Performs audit work efficiently and effectively in accordance with established audit programs. Documents and evidences audit procedures performed in support of audit conclusions. Adheres to department workpaper standards.
- Drafts clear and concise audit reports. Verifies that audit issues are adequately supported and evidenced in workpapers. Submits completed workpapers and a draft audit report to the IS Audit Director and IS Audit Managers for review.
- Clears Audit’s recommendations with headquarters, district and regional management and obtains responses to audit recommendations, when required. Presents to management and clears additional audit findings as a result of supervisory review of the workpapers.
- Participates in closing conferences; effectively communicates with internal clients, audit teams, and external Auditors.
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and professional judgment.
- Participates in other special projects as required, including the testing of IT general controls for Sarbanes Oxley 404 purposes and other SOX compliance related initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously while meeting deadlines and communicating upward when needed.
- Supervises and mentors IS Staff Auditors on audit engagements. Advises the IS Audit Director and IS Audit Managers on Staff Auditors performance.
- 3-4 years of IT audit public accounting experience or 4-5 years of IT internal audit department experience.
- Strong experience performing SOX internal control testing and providing support for the SOX 404 program in other areas.
- Experience auditing systems development implementations, including understanding of implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials application, UNIX and Windows operating systems, and/or Oracle database.
- Familiarity with COBIT and COSO requirements with respect to IT systems and processes.
- Excellent people skills – ability to work with many levels of management and influence with authority
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent time management and the ability to work independently
- Degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, or a related field
- CISA certification or an interest in working towards a CISA certification